The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) is offering grants up to $100,000 to help qualifying rural communities fund local sewer, water, and road projects. The application deadline is January 16, 2018.
Last year’s recipient projects include:
- City of Munising, M–28 to Foster Street Project, $150,000
- Houghton County, Houghton County Airpark Sewer System, $80,000
- Mason County Growth Alliance, LEAD and Interconnected Trails, $35,000
- Michigamme Township, Certified Operator for the Wastewater Treatment Facility, $26,500
- Village of Ellsworth, Engineering Plan for Community Sanitary Sewer System, $32,000