This project is designed to control the lake levels of Eagle Lake and Crooked Lake by means of two lakebed intake beds, two pumping stations, 3,724 linear feet of force main, and a filter building with mechanical filters.
Tentative Project Schedule:
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) of pipe at the east end of Crooked Lake: week of September 11, 2023
- Filter building construction: mid-September
- Dredging of the lakes for filter beds: October and November
- Piping work from Eagle Lake to Crooked Lake: spring of 2024
- Project completion: July 1, 2024
There will be times in the spring of 2024 where residents along West PQ Avenue and the easterly end of West Crooked Lake Drive will have the area in front of your homes torn up. You will have limited access to your home for a very brief period of possibly several hours. Please let us know if you have any special access needs and we will do our best to make arrangements with you.
Contact any project representative if you have questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to a successful project in your area!
Prein&Newhof will have personnel in the field on behalf of the Charter Township of Texas.
Tom Wheat, PE
Charter Township of Texas
Kalamazoo County Drain Commissioner
Contractor: Balkema Excavating
24-Hour Emergency Contact